October 14, 2010

Unit Study: Fire

Here is my Unit Study on Fireman, Fire Safety. This time I have included it all in one download to make it easier to download. 

(click image to download)

Included in the Download

  •  Lesson Plan          
  •  Flashcards            
  •  Fire Truck Colors 
  •  Fire Truck Counting
  •  Fire Hydrant Patterns
Ideas that are included in the Lesson Plan 

Songs to Sing

Firefighter
(tune: Frere Jacques)
Firefighter, firefighter
You are brave, you are brave.
Putting out the fires, putting out the fires,
Lives you save, lives you save.



Down at the Firehouse
by Jean Warren
(tune: Down by the Station) 
Down at the firehouse
 Early in the morning,
 You can see our clothes
 Hanging in a row.
 When there is a fire,
 We can dress real fast.
 Boots, jackets, hats, gloves,
 Off we go!




Firefighters
(tune: Pop Goes The Weasel) 
Down the street the engine goes
The firemen fight the fire
Up the ladder with their hose
Out goes the fire.

Ideas of Books you could use
Fire EnginesAll Aboard Fire Trucks (Reading Railroad)DK Readers: Jobs People Do -- A Day in a Life of a Firefighter (Level 1: Beginning to Read)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This is GREAT!!!!! Thanks you so much! My little guys will LOVE these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo what a great lesson plan! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Pinterest and now I'm a new follower. Looking forward to sharing ideas with you! :)

    Http://littlemissglamourgoestokindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your free printables and lesson ideas! I featured your post as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and try to reply as much as I can!! If there is something important and aren't sure I will get the comment please email me at lauren @ lawteedah dot com.