February 23, 2011

Unit Study: Mailman

Our Unit Study for Half of next month will be the Mailman unit study. We will also be working on the Farm Life Unit and Ill be posting it sometime next month.


Here is the preview of what I have for download for the Mailman Unit. (download is fixed)
 (click image to download)

Whats in the Unit
  • Flashcards 
  • Stamp color sort
  • Heavy or Light Science Experiment ( you weight different packages and letter that you create and help your child decide if they are heavy or light then chart it)
  • Bingo using the Flash Card words

Other Activities
  • Write a Letter from your child to someone else and send it
  • Write a Letter to you child a week or so before you plan to use the unit and send it so they can receive their own mail
  • Make a mailman's route (obstacle course)
  • Take a field trip to the Post Office
  • Set up a place for your child to write a letter to you. Then have a box they can put it in. Check the box at the end of the day then respond to the letter and have it for them the next morning.
Snack Time Activity

Put child's snack in a small box, wrap label like a real package.

Song to sing

I'm a little letter
sung to: I'm a little teapot

I'm a little letter
Folded up
Tucked in an envelope
A stamp on top
The mailman takes me from the mailbox
He delivers me to the right address


Other Ideas from Around the Web

 
Enjoy and if you use the unit leave me a link in the comments so I can check it out! 

3 comments:

  1. Lauren -
    At 4shared it's showing as a 0kb file. I downloaded it anyway and the zip file contains an empty folder. I think somehow your upload got messed up.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know! The download is fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got it. Thank you! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and try to reply as much as I can!! If there is something important and aren't sure I will get the comment please email me at lauren @ lawteedah dot com.